Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Traveling I 10

The World of an Artist is always an interesting Place ! Traveling from place to place just enhances that place so I will begin my Tale of our recent Vacation Trip on I 10 from San Antonio Texas to Daytona Beach Florida!
We, My Husband and I take off by 9 am, to be after the morning rush being that neither of us like.Since he is retired and I am Medically retired it doesn't make us to happy to be in traffic! Even at home we tend to avoid the rush of cars and hazard of traveling at those peak times! We travel as far as Sealy Texas stopping at our favorite food stop, of course we have stop for smaller pit stops along the way but not to enjoy a meal!
At Sealy you will find Tony's Family Restaurant one of I 10 best kept eateries secretes ! Open in 1979 its soon will be running for 30 straight years ! We have been hitting Tony's for over 12 years as a couple ! We will plan our trip to stop there, every time we are going to or though Houston for any reason! Hubby has been going many years longer then I! He first found it when he lived and worked in Houston! I even brought my Mom who is very hard to please to Tony's when vacationing in Galveston a few years back !
We hit at lunch time and had their lunch time buffet. My Favorite is the fried eggplant thin and crisp, they are always running out of the eggplant is my only complaint! Hubby loves the chicken friend steak, you know that breaded and deep fried beef ( nope it isn't chicken) covered in white gravy!As for me , I had the pork chop more like a pork steak it was so big smothered in onions peppers and tender ! You get more then enough and every thing is hot and fresh !
Dont Miss the Pie, if your not to stuffed, Let me tell you , we haven't for years the Mile high meringue on hand made pies is just too yummy and strawberry layer cake is to dream of! If you come in at Breakfast do their 3 egg special you wont regret I Promise!
You can hit them any time ,you will get fast service, Great food and a clean place ! Yes Smokers they do have a smoking sections just for you too! They are open 5 am to 10 Thursdays though Sundays, and till 11pm on Fridays and Saturdays! Where 1629 Meyers, Sealy Texas 77474 Phone 979 8854140 Call and ask for the exit off I 10 before you get to Houston going East or after when you really need a break from that traffic Mess that is Houston when going West!
We kept going till we got to Lafayette La, before we hit the sack the first Night just ate from what I had packed in the cooler, ham and cheese sandwiches, and raw veggies didn't need a lot after Tony's meal! I sure I dreamed of strawberry cake that night!
We got up early and took off to continue our trip east ward And like any Artist I had my eyes peeled for interesting sights and things to get for my arts and crafts or Photos ! What I noticed was a lot of Fema Trailers and New growth in LA and Miss! We do hope that their Economy is getting better, Time seems to fly when your not the folks suffering I am sure Katerine left a lot of folks off worse then they were but sometimes the worst shows us new doors to open as well! I notice a lot more Crawfish ponds then ever before so I guess that is a new farm that we are having more of it is a popular critter to eat! Any way we Stopped alot along the road and I was searching for things to use and found a lot of Pine cones but only the small ones and i was looking for big one I tell you later what i need them for! Did get any Photos yet my artist eye didnt see any thing i wanted to take at this point May be the next day ! I think I stop my story at this point and write more tommorrow!

No comments: