Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Just did Makers Faire in Austin Texas this past weekend!

Not as an Artist selling but as part of My Etsy Texas Crafters Team! GO Team ! If was a lot of fun and hard Work ! I wanted to tell MY team Leader Thanks Milly! Milly of thistlecraft.etsy.com She worked so hard for this ! As did Many Others So here is a Great big Hipp hipp hurra To all of us who did come and take up this team challenge! We got a lot of folks to sign up for our Newsletter and passed out lots of Free gifts with our members Etsy store URLs and information! I enjoyed watching the folks doing the Make and takes and demos! I was able to watch, when I wasn't swamped with folks in front of our part of the booth telling them all about Our group, what Etsy http://etsy.com was, and getting them to sign up ! I couldn't Talk Sunday after noon or Monday much having wore out my voice! All the volunteers probably did!
Makers faire was the best thing I have seen in a long time for Artist and Crafters ! I really enjoyed the demo's and free make & takes ! So many things to see and do so well worth the entrance fee! I of course only saw a little bit as I cant walk sit or stand for great amounts of time but the little bit I did see was impressive! If you have not gone to one before You should the next time one comes to your area! check out this link for some cool video there about it http://makerfaire.com/austin/2007/
I did a demo on Sat Making a Bird feeder from a bottle recycling was one of the themes of the Makers faire ! When i told folks I was doing the demo I had all kinds of request to see the Bird feeder and to give them One So I will post the directions! I also will do a video on how to do that soon!

No comments: